It’s Saturday morning and I was craving pancakes. I wanted to make some that would be wheat and gluten free, low carb and tasty. Almond meal was the answer. These pancakes are fluffy and nutty, just be careful not to overcook them.
Makes 2 servings
Preheat large skillet.
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg White Whipped
- 1/3 Cup Water (sparkling water will make them even fluffier)
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Baking Powder (optional)
- Grapeseed or Coconut Oil (for cooking pancakes in pan)
- Mix Almond Meal with water, 1 egg, vanilla, salt 1/3 cup of water & baking powder until well combined (don’t over mix)
- Beat egg white until fluffy
- Gently fold egg white into the pancake mixture until it is incorporated, don’t over mix it.
- Add oil to pan and evenly coat it.
- Spoon (or pour) batter into pan, 3 pancakes at a time (it should make 5 – 6 pancakes)
- Gently spread the batter out if necessary to help them cook evenly
- These pancakes will not bubble like normal flour pancakes so watch them to see when one side is golden and genly flip them.
- Don’t overcook the pancakes.
- Serve with fresh fruit. You can also use Agave nectar with a bit of Real Maple Extract if you want to add a healthy maple syrup (It depends if you are watching your sugar content).